This is the personal website of James J Porter.
I live in New York and work as a facilitator at the Recurse Center.
Stuff I have done in the past, in roughly reverse-chronological order:
- worked on the National Cancer Institute Genomic Data Commons as part of the University of Chicago Center for Data Intensive Science
- interned at Stripe
- graduated from the University of Chicago in 2014
- helped organize JuliaCon 2014 (which was the first JuliaCon)
- worked on the Open Science Data Cloud my last year of school
- spent the summer of 2013 at the Recurse Center
- used to do fruit fly genetics before that